North Carolina Heating & Air Conditioning is Greenville, NC’s premier HVAC company. For more than two decades, we have provided quality heating and cooling services throughout Pitt and Beaufort Counties. We offer reliable service in HVAC for Greenville, NC, Blounts Creek, NC, and Washington, NC services, products, and installations for homes and businesses in our community.
Whether you have a heat pump or a gas furnace, we are experienced in all types of heat including heat pumps, gas packs, gas furnaces, electric furnaces, and oil furnaces. Many people ask us about the differences between electric and gas furnaces. So, here’s the 411:
- The obvious main difference between these 2 types of furnaces is their heating source: where gas furnaces use natural gas to power them, and electric furnaces use your home’s electricity source
- When it comes to upfront cost, a gas furnace is going to cost you more to install then an electric furnace. However, gas furnaces will typically cost less to operate once they’re up and running, because gas is cheaper than electricity.
- Gas furnaces typically require more maintenance and upkeep than electric furnaces, especially since gas furnaces pose a potential carbon monoxide risk.
- Gas furnaces are ideal for colder climates, while electric furnaces are better suited to warmer climates.
- Gas furnaces will heat up your home more quickly and efficiently than electric furnaces.
- Your choice may come down to whether or not natural gas is readily available in your area.
When it comes to choosing the right furnace for you, it’s all about weighing the risks and rewards of each option as well as your long-term needs. We are happy to discuss each option with you to help you make an informed decision.
For all of your HVAC needs, including furnace installation and repair, give us a call at North Carolina Heating & Air Conditioning in Greenville, NC.