North Carolina Heating & Air Conditioning is Greenville, NC’s premier HVAC company. For more than two decades, we have provided quality heating and cooling services throughout Pitt and Beaufort Counties. We offer reliable service in HVAC for Greenville, NC, Blounts Creek, NC, and Washington, NC services, products, and installations for homes and businesses in our community.
NC is notorious for its brutally hot summers. While you might be tempted to keep your home’s AC on full blast all summer, that can really start to run up your energy bills. Fortunately, there are a number of ways that you can keep cool and still save some money this summer:
- If you have a programmable thermostat, set it to go up a few degrees each day while you’re at work.
- When you go on vacation, you can also turn your thermostat up a few degrees to help cut costs. However, never turn your AC off completely during the summer while you’re away, as this can cause excess moisture and humidity in your home and even lead to serious damage.
- Use the ceiling fans throughout your home to keep it cool. If you don’t have ceiling fans, buy some portable fans to help cool things down without having to put your AC on full blast.
- During the day, close your curtains and blinds to help keep your home cool.
- Check for any air leaks around doors and windows. If you notice any, have a professional insulate and/or repair them.
- Turn off and unplug any electronics when they’re not in use.
- Avoid running your dishwasher, using your oven, and doing laundry during the hottest parts of the day, as these activities increase the heat in your home.
The heat in the summer is no joke. Fortunately, you don’t have to go broke trying to stay cool this summer.
If you notice an unexplained spike in your energy costs this summer, or you want to get your HVAC system checked out, give us a call at North Carolina Heating & Air Conditioning in Greenville, NC.