North Carolina Heating & Air Conditioning is Greenville, NC’s premier HVAC company. For more than two decades, we have provided quality heating and cooling services throughout Pitt and Beaufort Counties. We offer reliable service in HVAC for Greenville, NC, Blounts Creek, NC, and Washington, NC services, products, and installations for homes and businesses in our community.
If you’ve lived in North Carolina for a while, you know that our weather is about as unpredictable as it gets. So, warm days in the middle of winter are no surprise. However, you might hesitate to turn on your air conditioning just yet, because before you know it, the temperature will be cold again. So, don’t turn on your AC just yet, instead there are some things you can do to keep your home cool on those warm winter days:
- Use the shades and the blinds in your home to keep out natural light during the day. This will help to keep your home cool.
- Turn on ceiling fans to cool down rooms.
- Avoid using your oven, dishwasher, or washing machine throughout the day as they tend to heat up your home.
- If your home is feeling stuffy, open up your windows to let in a breeze. Cool night air is especially refreshing.
- Ditch the heavy comforters and flannel pajamas for lightweight cotton sheets and pajamas.
- Cool down with an ice cold glass of water.
- Place box fans in your windows to circulate cold air throughout your home.
If you find yourself sweating in February, you’re probably in North Carolina. However, don’t switch between your home’s heat and AC every other day. Instead, follow our simple tips to help keep your home cool on those warm winter days.
For all of your HVAC needs in the Greenville, NC area, give us a call at Housetop Roofing today.