NC Heating and Air Conditioning is an HVAC company in Greenville, NC, so we know all about the summer here in the Carolinas. We have put together a list of tips to help ensure that your air conditioning keeps you cool in the hot summer months:
- Change your air filter regularly, typically once a month for most systems. A dirty air filter makes it harder to keep your house cool and puts more stress on your HVAC system.
- Make sure that your house isn’t letting all of the cool air out. Ensure that your windows and doors are properly sealed and weatherized to help keep the cool air indoors where it belongs.
- Keep your thermostat away from the heat. Do not sit lamps or other heat-emitting appliances near your thermostat. Also, don’t install your thermostat in an area of the home that gets a lot of sunlight throughout the day. These types of heat confuse your thermostat and make your air conditioning run longer than it needs to.
- If you have ceiling fans, use them! Ceiling fans help to cool your home in a cost-efficient manner. During the summer, make sure that your fans are running counterclockwise in order to push the cool air down.
- Schedule regular maintenance for your HVAC system. These check-ups will save you money in the long run by helping to extend the life of your system and to ensure that it runs efficiently.
During these hot summer months, make sure that your air conditioning is keeping you cool. For all of your HVAC needs in the Greenville, NC area, contact us at NC Heating and Air Conditioning.