Is your HVAC system in Greenville, NC ready for this Summer? Spring is the perfect time to make sure your system is up to date for the warm months ahead. It’s already getting warmer, so we’ve assembled this handy guide with what you can do this Spring.
What Should Get Maintenance
Spring is a great time for a HVAC maintenance check to prepare your cooling system for the season ahead. Make sure every necessary part of your HVAC for your Greenville, NC home is up to date. When you get maintenance done, make sure you do the following things.
- Check Thermostat Settings
- Make Sure to Tighten Electrical Connections
- Lubricate the Moving Parts
- Check to Make Sure the Condensate Drain is Clear
- Check System’s Starting Cycle
- Adjust Blower
- Clean Evaporator Coils, Condenser Coils, and Blower Components
- Check and Adjust Refrigerant Level
Spring HVAC Tips
Beyond getting scheduled maintenance, there are some other things you can do around your home to make sure your cooling is as efficient as possible. Go through the list below for some tips on a more efficient up in the upcoming months.
- Let Your Dehumidifier Dry Out and Vacuum Thoroughly
- Clean Household Fans When You Can
- Caulk Around Windows to Improve Efficiency
- Check Batteries in Smoke Alarms
- Check Weather Stripping Around Windows
- Add Indoor Plants as a Natural Filter for VOC’s
- Use Natural Cleaners When You Can
- Check the Condensate Pipe
Need More Help?
To be totally prepared this spring, the best thing you can do is call us for a seasonal tune up. To learn more about what a tune up can do for your system, check out this blog post.
For more than two decades, Carolina Heating & Air Conditioning has provided quality heating and cooling services throughout Pitt and Beaufort Counties. We offer reliable HVAC maintenance in Greenville, NC and Washington, NC services, products, and installations for homes and businesses in our community. If you’re ready to get started, contact ustoday.