North Carolina Heating & Air Conditioning is Greenville, NC’s premier HVAC company. For more than two decades, we have provided quality heating and cooling services throughout Pitt and Beaufort Counties. We offer reliable service in HVAC for Greenville, NC, Blounts Creek, NC, and Washington, NC services, products, and installations for homes and businesses in our community.
In the winter months, it can be pretty costly to keep your home warm. Fortunately, there are a number of ways that you can save on your heating bill. Here are some ideas to help you cut costs while still keeping your home nice and cozy:
- Air leaks in your home can keep your home from reaching its ideal temperature. In the winter, these leaks can let out the warm air from inside your home. Air leaks can occur around your windows, doors, light fixtures, and outlets. If you notice any cold drafts in a particular area, the culprit is probably an air leak. Be sure to seal these up and your HVAC system will work more efficiently.
- If you notice an unexpected spike in your utility bills, it could possibly be your HVAC system. Have an HVAC professional come out to see if your unit needs to be repaired or replaced.
- During the winter months, you can bring extra warmth to your home by bringing in natural light. Open up your blinds and curtains and let the sunlight in.
- If you have a programmable thermostat, you can set it to drop a few degrees while you’re away at work or gone for the weekend. This small change can save you a lot of money over time.
- Whenever you leave a room, be sure to shut it. This is an easy and effective way to cut back on your heating costs.
- If it’s an especially cold day, don’t crank up the heat. Instead, use a space heater, or wear a few extra layers of clothing to help stay warm on those occasional colder days.
If you suspect that your HVAC system is the reason that you’re having trouble keeping your home warm this winter, be sure to give us a call at NC Heating and Air Conditioning in Greenville, NC.