North Carolina Heating & Air Conditioning is Greenville, NC’s premier HVAC company. For more than two decades, we have provided quality heating and cooling services throughout Pitt and Beaufort Counties. We offer reliable service in HVAC for Greenville, NC, Blounts Creek, NC, and Washington, NC services, products, and installations for homes and businesses in our community.
There’s nothing worse than waking up in the middle of a cold night to discover that your heater has stopped working. Fortunately, there are a number of warning signs that you can be on the lookout for to prevent that from happening. If you notice any of these signs, call an HVAC professional as soon as you can so that your heater can be repaired before it stops working altogether.
Here are 6 warning signs that your heater needs to be repaired, according to modernize.com:
- If you notice a larger than normal amount of dust coming from your vents, change your air filters. If the dust continues to appear, call an HVAC professional.
- Keep track of your HVAC’s age. If it’s between 15-20 years old, you will probably need a new furnace soon. Be sure to have HVAC professional perform routine maintenance to keep it running longer.
- If you notice that your HVAC system is blowing out cold air when you have the heat on, or if you notice certain areas in your home that seem colder than the rest of the home, you need to get your heater checked out.
- If you notice a dramatic spike in your electricity bills, there’s a likely sign that something’s going on with your HVAC system.
- If you notice that your pilot light on your furnace is yellow, this could mean that your furnace is leaking carbon monoxide, and this is an issue that needs to be addressed immediately.
- Lastly, if you notice that your HVAC system is making any strange noises, your heater needs to be checked out by a professional.
If you notice any of these warning signs, give the HVAC professionals at NC Heating & Air Conditioning in Greenville, NC a call today.