North Carolina Heating & Air Conditioning is Greenville, NC’s premier HVAC company. For more than two decades, we have provided quality heating and cooling services throughout Pitt and Beaufort Counties. We offer reliable service in HVAC for Greenville, NC, Blounts Creek, NC, and Washington, NC services, products, and installations for homes and businesses in our community.
If you’ve lived in North Carolina for a while, you know how unpredictable our weather can be, especially in the fall. One day it’s 80 in October and the next it’s 40, and those roller coaster temperatures can keep you switching from your AC to heat for months. However, switching back and forth can really take a toll on your bank account. So, how can you stay comfortable in your home without flipping back and forth your AC and heat?
- For the fall months, use your home’s natural light to warm up your house on those cooler days. Open up the blinds and let in the sunlight to provide some natural heat without having to turn on your home’s heat.
- Keep your AC on, but turn it up several degrees. On those warmer days, don’t turn your AC back down; instead, use ceiling fans to cool your home down.
- This time of year often comes with great fall breezes. On those days with a nice, soft wind, open up your windows and let in the fresh air.
- If your home is feeling particularly warm, unplug any unused electronics, and turn off appliances and lights that you’re not currently using. All of these things can create additional heat in your home.
- On those cooler days, put on an extra sweater or drink a warm cup of coffee to keep warm without turning on the heat.
Once the weather has consistently been cool for a week or two, it’s time to turn on your heat. If the winter brings a few unexpectedly warm days, keep the heat on, but use your ceiling fans to cool down.
The fall is also the perfect time of year to have your HVAC system checked out before the winter months hit. If you’re looking for HVAC routine maintenance this fall, give us a call at North Carolina Heating and Air Conditioning in Greenville, NC.