North Carolina Heating & Air Conditioning is Greenville, NC’s premier HVAC company. For more than two decades, we have provided quality heating and cooling services throughout Pitt and Beaufort Counties. We offer reliable service in HVAC for Greenville, NC, Blounts Creek, NC, and Washington, NC services, products, and installations for homes and businesses in our community.
If you’re like most of the people in North Carolina, this time of year you find yourself questioning whether you should turn on the heat or the air conditioning. Many days, your answer to that question changes throughout the course of the day. However, if you keep switching back and forth between the two, you’re going to see an unwelcome spike in your utility bills. So, here are some tips to help you save money and energy, this fall and year-round:
- During the fall and spring when the weather tends to switch back and forth in North Carolina, use ceiling fans, box fans, and natural light to heat and cool your home without switching back and forth between heating and air conditioning.
- If you have a programmable thermostat, set it to raise or lower the temperature accordingly, while you’re at work.
- If you’re going out of town for a few days, turn your home’s temperature down a few degrees, but don’t turn off your HVAC system completely.
- Have an HVAC professional come out about 2 times a year to inspect your HVAC system. That way, they can catch any issues and fix them before they become a big, expensive problem.
- Change your air filters regularly and keep your air returns free of dirt and dust.
- If you suspect that something is wrong with your HVAC system, don’t wait. Call and have it checked out before it turns into a major issue.
If you’re looking for even more ways to save on your heating and cooling costs, give us a call for a consultation about reducing your energy consumption in your home.
For all of your HVAC needs in the Greenville, NC area, give us a call at North Carolina Heating & Air Conditioning today.